1/19/2017

366 Concept Armchair



I recently bought a 366 Armchair. Actually I wanted to buy an armchair since a while but I was looking for the right one. I wanted a chair not too big, made of wood and velvet, and with a scandinavian or 60's design, or both!



Fortunalty, the Polish design was recently reviving by the 366 Company. 366 is a series of furniture based on the model 366 Easy Chair designed by Jozef Chierowski in 1962. At that time, it became one of the most popular Polish furniture items from the 1950s-1960s. This model was produced for more than 20 years, and about 500 000 chairs were sold through the Eastern Europe.
Now, the 366 Company decided to restart the production in Poland, as well as others famous designs from Jozef Chierowski. The 366 chair is then available in various fabrics, and 6 colors of oak.
I chose mine in "Lemonade" velvet and dark oak. Velvet because I wanted something cosy and soft. "Lemonade" because I wanted a cheerful color and something new in my home (I don't use yellows on the walls but I think it is a really nice color for furnitures). And for the oak's color, I hesitated a lot between "oak" and "dark oak" before to finally choose oak. "Oak" may have give a more scandinavian style to this chair. But regarding my others furnitures and also because I though that dark oak would give more character to my home, I ordered it like that!
For now the chair is in my son's room as there are still works on going in the living room, but I hope that soon I will be able to move it into the lounge and enjoy it for my reading and tea moments!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire